Per region file arguments
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 21:38, 19 January 2018 by Nico (Created page with "== Current chromium impl. == Current chromium flashrom implements the syntax like this: [-i <region>[:<file>]]... -r|-w|-v [<filename>] Where '''<filename>''' can be gi...")
Current chromium impl.
Current chromium flashrom implements the syntax like this:
[-i <region>[:<file>]]... -r|-w|-v [<filename>]
Where <filename> can be given anywhere on the command line (non-positional).
- if no <filename> is given, all -i arguments must specify a <file>
- For reading:
- if any -i region:<file> is given along with <filename>, read all included regions into <filename> and all included regions with a <file> specified into the respective file
- For writing and verifying:
- if any -i region:<file> is given along with <filename>, the data of -i region:<file> takes precedence
- regions with files given with -i region:<file> must not overlap
More explicit alternative
[-i <region>]... (-r|-w|-v [<region>:]<filename>)...
Easier to implement, no optional arguments, no non-positional arguments.
Rules for sanity:
- combinations of -r/-w/-v are not allowed
- -r/-w/-v <filename> (i.e. without a <region>) may only be specified once
- forbid combinations of -r/-w/-v <filename> without a <region> and with? less flexible but easier to use