Difference between revisions of "Live CD"
Revision as of 17:14, 22 November 2009
Existing Live CDs with flashrom
Flashrom is already shipped inthe following live CDs:
Why a Live CD?
It provides a user with a stable work environment to read, write and verify a flash device on any supported x86 hardware.
- Read, write, update and verify a BIOS image on any x86 system
- Boots on x86-32 and/or x86-64
- Complete Linux distribution
- User friendly
- coreboot logo splash screen
- GUI version with terminal for flashrom
Flashrom Live CD
This page is a work in progress. There is no ISO yet. This is just a plan for now.
Included software packages
- Linux kernel.
- Complete and automatic hardware detection, not requiring any driver to be added.
- Mounts $windows drive read only
- acpid, av, binutils, bison, busybox, bzip2, cabextract, cpio, curl, cvs, dev-util/git, dhcpcd, diffutils, dmidecode, dosfstools, ethtool, flex, ftp, gdb, grep, hwsetup, iputils, iproute, irssi, joe, lftp, livecd-tools, links, lsof, lynx, lzma-utils, mdadm, minicom, nano, ngrep, ntfsprogs, openssh, openvpn, pciutils, picocom, pptpclient, quilt, rp-pppoe, screen, strace, subversion, tar, telnet-bsd, tftp-hpa, unrar, valgrind, vim, wget, wireless-tools, wpa_supplicant, xc, zip
Complete toolchain for
Size of ISO-image is <185 MBytes. Small enough to fit on a flash drive or 3" CD-ROM.